Information for military personnel

What do I need to register the water charges?

  • A UTAP-form from your VAT-office
  • the exact date of your move in
  • the number of people moving in
  • your meter number and a meter reading from the date of your move in
  • your IBAN

Please bring these documents and information to us within six weeks of moving in. A later registration is not possible, even in exceptional cases.

Where do I bring those informations?

Bring the requested information personally during our opening hours so that we can start up your account. You can also send all the requested informations by email. You will then receive your welcome letter, your statement and a direct debit mandate by letter. We would like to ask you to put your name on the mailbox to ensure future mail deliveries.

I received an envelope with forms from Verbandsgemeindewerke Weilerbach. What do I do?

The (blue) welcome letter and the statement are for your records. Please fill out the direct debit mandate, if we haven’t already done that for you, and return the signed original. You can either return personally, by letter or by email in PDF format.

What do I have to pay?

The water fees depend on the number of people moving in and your personal consumption pattern. On average, one person consumes up to 55m³ per year. You can find our prices on our homepage or ask our staff for the current prices. You will find the exact amount on your statement.

What payment methods do you offer?

We only offer direct debit or bank transfer. Please note that if you participate in the direct debit system, we will debit the fees from your account and you do not have to worry about the in-time transfer.

When do I have to pay?

Water fees are due on four fixed dates per year: March 15, May 15, August 15 and November 15. Please make sure that you have sufficient funds in your bank account or make sure that you pay on time so that you do not fall behind.

I have missed a payment/ A payment could not be debited from my account. What happens next?

You will receive a reminder from the cash office a few days after the payment deadline. Thereupon you should pay by bank transfer or directly at the cash office. If you have previously paid by direct debit authorization, this will expire and you will have to issue a new direct debit authorization, even if your bank details remain the same.

If the cash office does not receive any payment after the reminder, another reminder will be sent out and, in parallel, a notice will be sent to your responsible VAT office.

If there is still no reaction or payment after the second reminder, you will be threatened with consequences such as foreclosure or transfer of the fees to the owner. To avoid this, we ask you to act as soon as possible after receiving a reminder.

When do I receive a new statement?

Our accounting period is always from 01. January to 31. December.

You will receive a new invoice before the first payment is due the following year. Usually these are sent by letter during February/beginning of March.

Do you offer interim statements?

We do not offer those.  We uploaded an excel template on our homepage for you to create an interim statement. To do so, enter the corresponding values in the grey fields of the template. Note: The Eigenbetrieb Wasserwerk and the Eigenbetrieb Kanalwerk are not liable for intermediate settlements (recorded values and calculated amounts)!

 I am moving. Is there a notice period?

No, there is no notice period. After the walkthrough with your landlord, you bring the meter readings to us as soon as possible. It takes about 15 minutes to prepare the invoice. You can pay directly at our cash office in cash, by debit or credit card.

 I need a confirmation for the UTAP office that my account is balanced.

You will only receive this confirmation from our cash office. The colleagues will be happy to issue this for you. Please note the different opening hours of the cash desk. You can reach them by phone at: 06374 922 250 or by e-mail at: Diese E-Mail-Adresse ist vor Spambots geschützt! Zur Anzeige muss JavaScript eingeschaltet sein!

 I am not sure if my fees are paid. Can you let me know?

The colleagues at the cash desk can also answer this. Please contact them directly.